With a cute little addition in your life, one other aspect you need to think about is baby furniture.
As a parent, welcoming a newborn into your world is incredibly special. You want nothing more than to spoil your little one and give them the best of everything- be it colorful storybooks and stacks of toys or cute baby furniture– everything ought to be perfect.
That being said, we know how easy it is to get overwhelmed by the number of baby furniture buying tips online. So, is there a strategy to get it right? A crash course on all things babies? Probably not. But guess what- you don’t need one! Let’s take you through a stress-free guide to buying the right baby furniture for your bundle of joy.
Tips To Buy Baby Furniture
We know how challenging it can be to navigate through the extreme emotions of parenthood. Alongside that, get the right baby gear and decorate a nursery? Now that seems daunting, and we don’t blame you. Before you begin the process of investing in furniture, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do I have a realistic budget?
- How much space am I working with?
- What is the aesthetic that I am looking for?
Answering these questions should help you get some clarity. You can then move on to the next step, which is research. Find options that fit your budget and see where you can find the best value.
Here are some essential tips to bear in mind while buying furniture for your baby’s room:
- Dimensions: Start by measuring out the correct measurements of your room. With an understanding of the right size in hand, you’ll be able to find furniture that fits comfortably in your space, leaving room for walking, playing etc.
- Baby-proof: Avoid buying furniture pieces that are too high or have sharp edges. You can babyproof these items; however, opting for rounded edges is always safer for baby furniture. To know more about babyproofing your home, click here.
- Quality over quantity: Try to invest in quality furniture. Sturdy pieces will last you longer. You can make good use of things like drawers and cabinets rather than spending money on cheaper items and getting them replaced a couple of months later.
- Authenticity: While making an online purchase, try to skim through the review section and check out pictures to be sure if the piece of furniture is what you are looking for. Often pictures can be misleading and can be the reason for sizing and quality complaints.
- Convertible furniture: Invest in multi-purpose pieces that you can use even as your child grows up.
Now that you are all set to design your baby’s nursery, what pieces can you add so that your little one can enjoy a cosy, comfortable yet functional nursery space? Here’s how!
Top 5 Baby Furniture Items
Begin with a Crib | Baby Furniture
This one’s a no-brainer. The crib will frequently be, if not the most, used furniture in your nursery room. Since your baby will use it for months, look for something sturdy with high edges and a comfortable mattress. It is best to choose a crib first and design other elements of the room around it.
Bassinet | Baby Furniture
Ideally, it is recommended for newborns to share a room with their parents for at least six months before they can sleep independently. For this reason, it is nice to purchase a portable bassinet that is much smaller than a crib, making it quite convenient and safe to have your newborn around you during nap time.
Baby Dresser | Baby Furniture
It is nice to have a designated space to organize all your baby’s clothing items. A dresser comes in handy to store essentials like blankets, diapers, and washed clothes, so your outer space is always tidy.
A Folding Table | Baby Furniture
This convertible baby furniture can be used as a changing table and folded to the side after use. You can also use it as an accessory to decorate the nursery or place your baby’s favorite books or toys on it.
While this is not necessary, we highly suggest purchasing a gliding or nursing chair for your nursery. We know this piece will mark many special memories between you and your baby. From telling stories to watching them fall asleep, the memories will last for years, and so will the chair.
Now that you know all about baby furniture, be sure to take some time to create a list of pieces you are interested in purchasing and do some groundwork before you decide to go for it. What works for others may not always work for you, so you must do what suits you best, keeping your little one’s comfort and wellbeing at heart.